In Another Life, I Was A Platypus - http://munchymunchymoocow.blogspot.com
BLOG | ABOUT | GALLERY | SOUNDTRACK | FEED | GUESTBOOK

Saturday, November 05, 2005

In preparation for next week.

A Saturday not spent down at the local, but in my room. Of course, it wouldn't be so bad if there was another person in the room with me - a person of hot-boy extraction maybe. But no, I'm on my own. With books. And you can't kiss books. You can't even sexily leaf through its pages and lead it to the bed with a view to having hot sex. Well, not unless you're one of those odd people with a fetish for bound paper. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I digress.

The very experience of studying for exams is depressing. I can't concentrate when there are others around; I get distracted. But then I feel so isolated in my room on my own, or where ever I am really, and the anxiety sometimes overcomes me. It's a lose-lose situation.

I researched and wrote an essay on anxiety for EDUF2006 last semester so, you know, you'd think that I'd have some insight into maybe rectifying the situation when it occurs. But no, it's like an electric potential well that some poor electron has fallen into. Oh dear, a quantum physics analogy. See what it does to me? Bah.


Listening to:
Title: Turn A Square
Artist: The Shins
Album/station: Chutes Too Narrow (2003)
Length: 3.12