Monday, October 03, 2005
Further musings: Labour Day Monday.
I'm back at Dad's place after a long weekend of shenanigans at Mum's. Of course, no one had yet done the groceries this week so the cupboards were bare. What to do. For some reason I had this sudden craving for baked beans on toast and alas, not even a baby tin of the stuff was to be found.
So anyway, I normally buy my weekly Green TravelPass on Mondays. Obviously, seeing as this today is a public holiday, I wouldn't need to. But really, is there any saving made by deferring the purchase until the next morning? The line outside the ticket office tomorrow, being the first morning back from the long weekend, would be horrendous. And knowing me, I'd get to the station just as the train would pull up, leaving me no time to wait in the queue. And I, no less, have an eight AM start at uni (meaning the 7:19 train).
Heeding the words of the CityRail gurus, I walked to the railway station earlier this evening and bought my TravelPass, passing the corner store on the way there. On the walk back, I popped in and perused the shelves and there they were, baked beans. In tins of various sizes. Sweet. I took one and waltzed to the counter. No need to be greedy. I soon found myself passing the ice cream cabinet and I decided that I also had a craving for a Golden Gaytime too. Heh, Gaytime.
I sidled up to the lady at the counter and dug into my pocket - my hip pocket, full of heavy, heavy coinage.
"That's a lot of loose change you have there", said the corner-shop lady.
She went on to mention something about people paying with big notes and how she had next to no small change left. Evidently, in a round about way she was asking to swap some, and I wasn't against the idea. It was great to lose all those coins. I hate coins. Well, carrying them around at least. That chinky noise they make is pretty cool, though.
Oh, and the beach last Friday: it was good. The weather was nice and warm, but the water was freezing. A little kid yelled out, "I pooed in the ocean". Hmm, I only hope the tide washed it out to the sea, it being a harbour beach and all. We ended up missing the last ferry out because for some reason, the ferries stop running to Watsons Bay at about four in the afternoon. Instead we got the bus that took us back to the city in a round about way via Bondi, but that wasn't so bad. A whole bunch of hot surfie lads got on at Bondi Beach and stayed on until the Junction. Mmm. Taut and tanned. Boardies and barefoot. Drool.
Listening to:
Title: Eternal Flame
Artist: The Bangles
Album/station: Everything (1988)
Length: 3.42
I'm back at Dad's place after a long weekend of shenanigans at Mum's. Of course, no one had yet done the groceries this week so the cupboards were bare. What to do. For some reason I had this sudden craving for baked beans on toast and alas, not even a baby tin of the stuff was to be found.
So anyway, I normally buy my weekly Green TravelPass on Mondays. Obviously, seeing as this today is a public holiday, I wouldn't need to. But really, is there any saving made by deferring the purchase until the next morning? The line outside the ticket office tomorrow, being the first morning back from the long weekend, would be horrendous. And knowing me, I'd get to the station just as the train would pull up, leaving me no time to wait in the queue. And I, no less, have an eight AM start at uni (meaning the 7:19 train).
Heeding the words of the CityRail gurus, I walked to the railway station earlier this evening and bought my TravelPass, passing the corner store on the way there. On the walk back, I popped in and perused the shelves and there they were, baked beans. In tins of various sizes. Sweet. I took one and waltzed to the counter. No need to be greedy. I soon found myself passing the ice cream cabinet and I decided that I also had a craving for a Golden Gaytime too. Heh, Gaytime.
I sidled up to the lady at the counter and dug into my pocket - my hip pocket, full of heavy, heavy coinage.
"That's a lot of loose change you have there", said the corner-shop lady.
She went on to mention something about people paying with big notes and how she had next to no small change left. Evidently, in a round about way she was asking to swap some, and I wasn't against the idea. It was great to lose all those coins. I hate coins. Well, carrying them around at least. That chinky noise they make is pretty cool, though.
Oh, and the beach last Friday: it was good. The weather was nice and warm, but the water was freezing. A little kid yelled out, "I pooed in the ocean". Hmm, I only hope the tide washed it out to the sea, it being a harbour beach and all. We ended up missing the last ferry out because for some reason, the ferries stop running to Watsons Bay at about four in the afternoon. Instead we got the bus that took us back to the city in a round about way via Bondi, but that wasn't so bad. A whole bunch of hot surfie lads got on at Bondi Beach and stayed on until the Junction. Mmm. Taut and tanned. Boardies and barefoot. Drool.
Listening to:
Title: Eternal Flame
Artist: The Bangles
Album/station: Everything (1988)
Length: 3.42
mikey
Cover him with kisses, baby. Cover him with love. Wrap him in designer sheets, he'll never get enough. More...blogroll
- digeratemil
- emotivating
- gayety
- idMedia
- juliadactyl
- lyradis
- nosemugger
- ron_
- spaced in
- sydney spy
- torfeida
- volacious gus
sydney university
- 2characters
- the adventures of queer penguin
- ausculture
- the battler's prince
- benjamin solah
- ben's blab
- consideropsium
- culture strain
- darp hau
- dawei's house
- dreadnought
- ellipsis
- fop
- freeway 9
- a fulmination of thought
- hecho en mexico
- inhibitory links
- interpret this!
- living breathing dancing
- mark
- monologging
- occasional screaming queen
- out of control
- people who need to be glassed
- photo sydney
- scott, to be certain
- semaphore junction
- sparcoz
- spending like it's 1988
- the spin starts here
- suburban camouflage
- the swanker
- symposiasts
- tastes like drunk
- teh url
- urban creature
- victim of narcissim
- zwischenzugs
- more...
australia
archives
support

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.