Sunday, August 21, 2005
Why I like...
So yes, I've been getting the feeling that this blog has become a little, how you say, single-tracked. Whinging about parents. And Rugby. Rugby boys. Rinse. Repeat.
So maybe time has come for me to employ a blogger cliché and establish some sort of weekly segment on In Another Life I Was A Platypus. And here it is: 'Why I Like...'.
...Quantum Physics: It's a total mindfuck. Almost everything you know about the physical universe is wrong and finding out about it is amazing. And I suppose it's cool knowing something thing that other people don't. Also, my lecturer is almost exactly like John Cleese. Well, a slightly camper John Cleese.
...Avocado: I wasn't ever a big fan of avocado. I remember my dad mushing up some avocado in a bowl of milk and a little sugar when I was little. And I hated it. But then I discovered the chicken and avocado sandwich. Is there anything else more perfect? I don't think I've ever met a more perfect marriage between animal and plant matter. Ever. Some quirk of evolution has resulted in a symbiotic relationship between the Persea americana and the Gallus gallus - in my tummy.
...CityRail: Because they rile up whinging commuters. Geez people, chill out.
Oh and shame about the Wallabies game last night. Ah well.
Listening to:
Title: Nightminds
Artist: Missy Higgins
Album/station: The Sound Of White (2004)
Length: 3.20
So yes, I've been getting the feeling that this blog has become a little, how you say, single-tracked. Whinging about parents. And Rugby. Rugby boys. Rinse. Repeat.
So maybe time has come for me to employ a blogger cliché and establish some sort of weekly segment on In Another Life I Was A Platypus. And here it is: 'Why I Like...'.
...Quantum Physics: It's a total mindfuck. Almost everything you know about the physical universe is wrong and finding out about it is amazing. And I suppose it's cool knowing something thing that other people don't. Also, my lecturer is almost exactly like John Cleese. Well, a slightly camper John Cleese.
...Avocado: I wasn't ever a big fan of avocado. I remember my dad mushing up some avocado in a bowl of milk and a little sugar when I was little. And I hated it. But then I discovered the chicken and avocado sandwich. Is there anything else more perfect? I don't think I've ever met a more perfect marriage between animal and plant matter. Ever. Some quirk of evolution has resulted in a symbiotic relationship between the Persea americana and the Gallus gallus - in my tummy.
...CityRail: Because they rile up whinging commuters. Geez people, chill out.
Oh and shame about the Wallabies game last night. Ah well.
Listening to:
Title: Nightminds
Artist: Missy Higgins
Album/station: The Sound Of White (2004)
Length: 3.20
mikey
Cover him with kisses, baby. Cover him with love. Wrap him in designer sheets, he'll never get enough. More...blogroll
- digeratemil
- emotivating
- gayety
- idMedia
- juliadactyl
- lyradis
- nosemugger
- ron_
- spaced in
- sydney spy
- torfeida
- volacious gus
sydney university
- 2characters
- the adventures of queer penguin
- ausculture
- the battler's prince
- benjamin solah
- ben's blab
- consideropsium
- culture strain
- darp hau
- dawei's house
- dreadnought
- ellipsis
- fop
- freeway 9
- a fulmination of thought
- hecho en mexico
- inhibitory links
- interpret this!
- living breathing dancing
- mark
- monologging
- occasional screaming queen
- out of control
- people who need to be glassed
- photo sydney
- scott, to be certain
- semaphore junction
- sparcoz
- spending like it's 1988
- the spin starts here
- suburban camouflage
- the swanker
- symposiasts
- tastes like drunk
- teh url
- urban creature
- victim of narcissim
- zwischenzugs
- more...
australia
archives
support

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.