Monday, May 16, 2005
Indiana Mikey and the Woolworths of Doom.
Unfortunately the title is as dramatic as this little adventure got. I didn't get to do the groceries yesterday because I had no money and really, I was too buggered to do it. So I got Dad to drive me to Top Ryde Shops. I mean after all, this is his food too.
I don't usually like going to Woolies with my dad. Let's face it, he's getting on a bit. And it shows when he's shopping. He pays attention to every bit of detail on the label and isn't satisfied until he knows the minutiae of every brand of a certain product. I'd left him looking at lip balm and went about gathering food and I came back with a full trolley. He was still in the same aisle, looking at the same couple of lip balms. Deary me.
The fun started with the fruits and the vegetables (Ho! Puns a-plenty!). The Woolworths piped music happened to be Pseudo Echo's Funky Town. I'm sorry, but if that doesn't get you moving, I don't know what will. Cue the shopping trolley ballet. Need some oranges? Sure! Shuffle, hip shake, shuffle, three-sixty. Maybe some apples, too? Why not! Zigzagged up the aisle, spun the trolley around, pushed it backwards with my bum. I looked like a dick, but no one's ever around on a Monday night and I didn't really care.
Anyway, I eventually pulled up to the checkouts and the barcode babe was a guy who went to my school. I didn't realise at first but it dawned on me eventually. He was a few years below me but in the last year, fuck he grew! How depressing. He's taller than me now, but I suppose I should be used to that sort of thing.
On a slightly related matter, is it just me or is the stereotypical image of a person coming home with the shopping always have leafy stalks of celery sticking out the top of a shopping bag? I never really noticed that until tonight. I don't think I've ever bought celery in my entire life until now. Gosh, what have I been missing out on? Fun celeric times, evidently.
Listening to:
Title: I'm Not In Love
Artist: 11cc
Album/station: Ministry of Sound: Chillout Sessions Vol. 5 (2004)
Length: 5.16
Unfortunately the title is as dramatic as this little adventure got. I didn't get to do the groceries yesterday because I had no money and really, I was too buggered to do it. So I got Dad to drive me to Top Ryde Shops. I mean after all, this is his food too.
I don't usually like going to Woolies with my dad. Let's face it, he's getting on a bit. And it shows when he's shopping. He pays attention to every bit of detail on the label and isn't satisfied until he knows the minutiae of every brand of a certain product. I'd left him looking at lip balm and went about gathering food and I came back with a full trolley. He was still in the same aisle, looking at the same couple of lip balms. Deary me.
The fun started with the fruits and the vegetables (Ho! Puns a-plenty!). The Woolworths piped music happened to be Pseudo Echo's Funky Town. I'm sorry, but if that doesn't get you moving, I don't know what will. Cue the shopping trolley ballet. Need some oranges? Sure! Shuffle, hip shake, shuffle, three-sixty. Maybe some apples, too? Why not! Zigzagged up the aisle, spun the trolley around, pushed it backwards with my bum. I looked like a dick, but no one's ever around on a Monday night and I didn't really care.
Anyway, I eventually pulled up to the checkouts and the barcode babe was a guy who went to my school. I didn't realise at first but it dawned on me eventually. He was a few years below me but in the last year, fuck he grew! How depressing. He's taller than me now, but I suppose I should be used to that sort of thing.
On a slightly related matter, is it just me or is the stereotypical image of a person coming home with the shopping always have leafy stalks of celery sticking out the top of a shopping bag? I never really noticed that until tonight. I don't think I've ever bought celery in my entire life until now. Gosh, what have I been missing out on? Fun celeric times, evidently.
Listening to:
Title: I'm Not In Love
Artist: 11cc
Album/station: Ministry of Sound: Chillout Sessions Vol. 5 (2004)
Length: 5.16
mikey
Cover him with kisses, baby. Cover him with love. Wrap him in designer sheets, he'll never get enough. More...blogroll
- digeratemil
- emotivating
- gayety
- idMedia
- juliadactyl
- lyradis
- nosemugger
- ron_
- spaced in
- sydney spy
- torfeida
- volacious gus
sydney university
- 2characters
- the adventures of queer penguin
- ausculture
- the battler's prince
- benjamin solah
- ben's blab
- consideropsium
- culture strain
- darp hau
- dawei's house
- dreadnought
- ellipsis
- fop
- freeway 9
- a fulmination of thought
- hecho en mexico
- inhibitory links
- interpret this!
- living breathing dancing
- mark
- monologging
- occasional screaming queen
- out of control
- people who need to be glassed
- photo sydney
- scott, to be certain
- semaphore junction
- sparcoz
- spending like it's 1988
- the spin starts here
- suburban camouflage
- the swanker
- symposiasts
- tastes like drunk
- teh url
- urban creature
- victim of narcissim
- zwischenzugs
- more...
australia
archives
support

This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.