In Another Life, I Was A Platypus - http://munchymunchymoocow.blogspot.com
BLOG | ABOUT | GALLERY | SOUNDTRACK | FEED | GUESTBOOK

Monday, January 31, 2005

Teachers, food & stuff.

I was crossing Market Street when I heard someone call out my name. It took a while to register; first I thought it was just some random person calling out to another Michael. But I took a chance, and I stopped, turned and had a look.

Of course, I'm blind as a bat without my specs - frankly, I'm too stubborn and shallow to wear them and the only frames that I'd ever want to be seen in are my Oakley's.

So anyway, a tall and slim sort of figure comes toward me. "Mister Moocow", he says. Only one person calls me that (and not the last considering my future career choice): one of my old teachers, Mr L. He was carrying one of those huge x-ray envelopes - his ticket out of the first day back at school I'd imagine. It was good seeing him again. Out of all the teachers, I seem to bump into him the most. He lives in the city, somewhere on Pitt Street, but don't ask me how he can afford it on a teacher's salary.

There's a general feeling that Mr L is gay. Since I became aware of who and what I am, I've got to say that I see it more and more, myself. He never actually taught me in a class which is why I guess we became good friends. He was just another person at school to me, instead of some authority figure, and we got along pretty well.

Sometimes I think that his gaydar must've picked something up on me back at school. Even now, I'm not all that outwardly gay - all I have to show for it is a rainbow patch on my Quiksilver backpack; if you didn't know any better, you'd think I was just one of those surfer/skater wannabes (well, I am but that's beside the point). But I think he knows what my deal is. Once, sometime in year twelve, I was out with my then-boyfriend Chris and we bumped into Mr L at Pitt Street Mall. He must've picked something up by then.

He's a nice bloke. Mr L's got to have been one of the people that inspired me to become a teacher.


So in between short stints buried under books at Fisher (still trying to finish all of this quantum-theory/chemistry work), I went up to the city to satiate my hunger for my latest culinary obsession. First there was the Devil's Chocolate Thickshake at Copenhagen Ice Cream in Broadway Shopping Centre, and then there was shoestring chips from McDonald's. Now my new addiction is with Hungry Jack's Cheeseburgers. They're small, they look cute and they're cheap!

I'm so glad that I don't get fat. I suppose I'm living on borrowed time though. Ah well, I'll enjoy eating whatver I want while I still can!


I'm distracted so easily. In between book-pages (or words even), I'd look up, look around and look out the window. And I had my camera handy too.

UTS Tower from Fisher Stack.

The University of Technology, Sydney's (UTS) Tower as seen from a window, Level 8, Fisher Stack at the University of Sydney. And to think, there could've been two of these hideous monstrosities.




Listening to:
Title: Truth
Artist: George
Album/station: Polyserena (2002)
Length: 3.45