In Another Life, I Was A Platypus - http://munchymunchymoocow.blogspot.com
BLOG | ABOUT | GALLERY | SOUNDTRACK | FEED | GUESTBOOK

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I dropped in to Darren's place on my way home from the City. He wasn't feeling too well so I went around to cheer him up. I think it did more for me than him though; he put his arms around me and I got the hugs that I had the cravings for. Also watched The Girl Next Door with him on DVD. I've got to say, movies like that are lost upon gay boys like the two of us. I didn't mind all the tits, but there was a distinct lack of male talent, I thought.


You Can't Stop The Murders was on Foxtel/Showtime when I got home. I loved every minute of it. And best of all, it features my favourite comedian of all time, Akmal Saleh. I cacked myself, thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a bit too buggered to write my own little synopsis for it, so here's a bootlegged one from IMDb:
"Police in the tiny Australian town of Sleepy West are baffled by a series of murders in which a biker, a construction worker, a sailor, a cowboy and an Indian are killed. To their horror, they realise that someone is killing people with the same occupations as the Village People, and there is one occupation left - the cop! With the help of a reluctant detective from out of town, the police race to find the killer before one of them turns up dead."
Oh, remember it's a comedy. The search for the DVD begins.


On other recent happenings, I've re-made contact Andrew - someone I'd had a falling-out with early last year. I'm hoping that we can be mates again. I've just felt terrible about how it all ended up.


Listening to:
Title: Nightminds (Dave Higgins Remix)
Artist: Missy Higgins
Album/station: Ministry of Sound: Chillout Sessions 6
Length: 4.33