In Another Life, I Was A Platypus - http://munchymunchymoocow.blogspot.com
BLOG | ABOUT | GALLERY | SOUNDTRACK | FEED | GUESTBOOK

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Brief Central Coast wanderings.

Nikki is well and her bump is healthy. She was positively glowing. I can't wait 'till the sprog pops out. They've decided he'll be called Dylan Thomas. All that talk about babies, I'd have to admit, has made me a little clucky. I've decided that I'm having Darren's babies.

I still feel a little odd when I see my friends doing grown-up things though. We've all grown up together from naive little school children and to suddenly see one of them driving a car or even with child is just a bit of a shock. It's a situation that one once thought was the domain of people bigger and older than us, the adults. But suddenly we're adults, too - although, whoever decided that we're ready for the privilege and responsibility that comes with adulthood should have their marbles counted and carefully reinserted.


Anyway, the good thing about the Central Coast is that there aren't any shortages of hot, scantily clad boys up there. And several of them are gay/bi/very curious.

Take the train trip back to Sydney for example. There was this blonde boy that got on the train with Lauren and I at Gosford. Being the busybodies that we are, Lauren and I decided that, as chummy as they were, the girl with him must've been just a friend and that he had to be a fellow parishoner at the Church of the Cock. He was just a little too pretty to be straight. And a teensy bit camp, too.

Of course, this was all fed by a delusion I have that makes me think that every drop dead gorgeous boy is gay - I mean why else would they be all cute and pretty? To attract girls? Ha, the wonders will never cease. It's just a sad case of wishful thinking on my part, I imagine.

Also there was this rather crumpety spiky haired American in a slim fit surf-branded T-shirt that got on the train at Point Clare. At that point Lauren told me to stop perving on other boys - I am taken after all. After I joked about the stereotypical gay male promiscuity, she said something along the lines of: "just because you both have pee-pees doesn't make it okay". Okay, so it was hilarious at the time, I guess you had to be there.


Oh and Lauren gave me this, a Cowwy Bank. I've named her Mack the Moo Cow.

Mack the Moo Cow




Listening to:
Title: Slow Hands
Artist: Interpol
Album/station: Antics
Length: 3.04